April 21, 2014
Welcome to our Tour Stop for
The Treatment (The Program #2) by
hosted by Merp Squad Blog Tours.
Be sure to enter the giveaway found at the end of the post!
Can Sloane and James survive the lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end? Find out in this sequel to The Program, which Publishers Weekly called “chilling and suspenseful.”
How do you stop an epidemic?
Sloane and James are on the run after barely surviving the suicide epidemic and The Program. But they’re not out of danger. Huge pieces of their memories are still missing, and although Sloane and James have found their way back to each other, The Program isn’t ready to let them go.
Escaping with a group of troubled rebels, Sloane and James will have to figure out who they can trust, and how to take down The Program. But for as far as they’ve come, there’s still a lot Sloane and James can’t remember. The key to unlocking their past lies with the Treatment—a pill that can bring back forgotten memories, but at a high cost. And there’s only one dose.
Ultimately when the stakes are at their highest, can Sloane and James survive the many lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end?
Top Favs with Suzanne Young
You’re home alone, there’s a fire! Top 3 things you’d grab and save from the fire.
Assuming my family and pets are already out, I’d grab:
- My laptop
- My pictures
- My favorite Pink Floyd T-shirt
Top 3 Favorite authors (dead or alive) and why
- Trish Doller—I love her contemporary style. It’s authentic and emotional.
- Shakespeare—I read several of his plays a year, and I always find something new to admire in the story.
- My daughter—She’s ten, but her ideas are amazing and terrifying.
Top 3 Favorite snacks while writing and why
- Cheez-Its-I love tiny food.
- Pretzels-I love tiny food
- Candy Corn-Delicious tiny food.
Top 3 Favorite books that inspired you to write and why
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison-Her books are brilliant and emotional. They changed my life.
- Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan-I used these books to get kids to love to read, and they inspired me to write interesting stories.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green-This was the book that made me want to write YA because of the clever dialogue.
Top 3 favorite techniques to overcome writers block and why.
- Going to the movies-I need the escape and inspiration.
- Reading a romance novel-An even better escape.
- Playing video games-I stop thinking about my novel and free up my mind.
Top 3 favorite movies of all time and why
- The Royal Tenenbaums—Funny and emotional
- Children of Men-Thought-provoking and well-acted
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-Interesting premise
Top 3 favorite animated movies and why
- The Little Mermaid-I loved the music
- The Nightmare before Christmas- Again, the music
- Cinderella- I’m not sure why I love this one. Maybe because I can imitate Gus’s voice really well.
Top 3 favorite gadgets and why
- Electric pencil sharpener-I love sharp pencils and this cuts down on the time
- My iPhone-It’s my main source of internet
- Flashlight-I just love flashlights
Top 3 favorite dream destinations and why
- Dying to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter because magic.
- Scotland—I want to go on haunted tours
- New Orleans-I want to go on haunted tours
Originally from New York, Suzanne Young moved to Arizona to pursue her dream of not freezing to death. She currently resides in Tempe, where she teaches high school English. When not writing obsessively, Suzanne can be found searching her own tragic memories for inspiration.
Suzanne is the author of several books for teens, including THE PROGRAM, A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL, and A WANT SO WICKED.
Be sure to check out the other blogs participating in the tour HERE!
Complete the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win!