October 13, 2015
Hello readers, and welcome to our Tour Stop for
Super Freak by Vanessa Barger
presented by Tantrum Books!
We are so excited to have Vanessa on the blog today sharing some of her Top Favs!
Follow the rest of the tour by clicking on the banner above.
Be sure to enter the giveaway found at the end of the post!
Thirteen-year-old Caroline is a freak. Her parents have uprooted her to a town full of Supernaturals. You’d think she’d be thrilled. But, with someone without a magical bone in her body, this daughter of tree sprites feels like even more of an outcast than she has ever before.
To make matters worse, her new home is cursed. But when Caroline takes to investigating the mysterious and strange happenings of Harridan House, her BFF goes missing. Seems someone doesn’t want Caroline sticking her non-magical nose where it most certainly does not belong. Determined to prove herself, Caroline uncovers a plot to destroy her new hometown.
Undeterred, Caroline can’t give up. But what’s a human without magical powers to do? Caroline better figure it out fast, before she loses everything she has ever loved and the whispers she’s heard all her life prove true: Caroline is a useless superfreak.
Top Favs with Vanessa Barger
You’re home alone, there’s a fire! Top 3 things you’d grab and save from the fire.
This is hard. I’m assuming that the cat and the husband are already outside.
- My Bible – it has all kinds of things saved in it, and I got it in the third grade.
- Raggedy Ann & Dolly – Dolly was my constant companion until high school. Raggedy Ann was a going away present my mother made me when I went away to college. I can admit that sometimes, you just need a stuffed animal.
- My computer – because there are YEARS of writing and photos from family vacations, Christmases and everything else on there.
Top 3 favorite techniques to overcome writers block and why
- Writing prompts – I know some people hate them, but I find them pretty useful actually. They’re good for making myself write when I don’t want to and sparking ideas I might not have come up with otherwise. Sometimes just the act of writing SOMETHING can help get past writers block.
- E. Schwab’s calendar method – she uses stickers on a calendar for every block of words written. I love this idea, and it really helps me to get on track. I love stickers, but I also love the visual reminder of what I’ve accomplished and how much.
- Read something awesome – I love to read, and sometimes reading something that is amazing can help kick me in the butt and get me back in gear, because I want to be able to write something equally awesome.
Top 3 favorite gadgets and why
- The USB drive – they just keep getting bigger and cheaper, and I can store so much on them! Plus I can have one for every thing (sometimes my organizing habits get a bit ridiculous)
- The Crockpot – I can put food in at breakfast, and dinner is done when I get home. What’s not to love?
- Pretty much any kitchen gadget – I love to cook, and I love kitchen gadgets. I don’t need most of them, but they’re just so much fun!
Complete the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win!