April 8, 2015
Hello everyone and welcome to our Tour Stop for
Lies I Told by Michelle Zink!
Think you know everything there is to know about Michelle Zink! Today, she shares with us some things you may not have know about her.
Be sure to enter the giveaway found at the end of the post!
What if, after spending a lifetime deceiving everyone around you, you discovered the biggest lies were the ones you’ve told yourself?
Grace Fontaine has everything: beauty, money, confidence, and the perfect family.
But it’s all a lie.
Grace has been adopted into a family of thieves who con affluent people out of money, jewelry, art, and anything else of value. Grace has never had any difficulty pulling off a job, but when things start to go wrong on the Fontaines’ biggest heist yet, Grace finds herself breaking more and more of the rules designed to keep her from getting caught…including the most important one of all: never fall for your mark.
Perfect for fans of Ally Carter, Cecily von Ziegesar, and Gail Carriger, this thrilling, high-stakes novel deftly explores the roles of identity and loyalty while offering a window into the world of the rich and fabulous.
10 Random Things About Michelle
1. I was a vegetarian for three years until very recently.
2. I’m kind of crazy about cats. Not so much that I buy cat trinkets, watch cat videos, and buy clothes with cats on them. But I do have four cats. So… yeah. ;)
3. I live in a converted barn on four acres. The barn was built in 1850 and converted to an inn/bar in 1939.
4. In our basement where the bar once was (later it was also used as a restaurant), we have one of the bars from the 1939 World’s Fair. Apparently, they used to put up temporary bars and then auction them off after the fair. In 1939 there were three of them. The owners of our barn got one, another nearby restaurant got another. I don’t know what happened to the third.
5. Despite the awesomeness of our house, it’s old and a bit falling down/in need of work. I alternate between cursing and adoring it.
6. I have a view from my office of a giant tree and a big open field with three pear trees and a crabapple tree. Oh, and a bunny lives under my window.
7. I’m a bit of a candle fanatic. They can be the cheap the kind. I just like them. My favorite is a scent I found at AC Moore called “Kitchen Spice” (not the Yankee Candle kind). It smells just like my great-grandfather’s pipe smoke.
8. I am heavily Scottish. One of my great-great-grandfather’s came here in 1902 from Lanarkshire. My dream is that one of my relatives will get their Scottish citizenship so I can have one too.
9. I used to be PTA President. I hated it.
10. I still make lunch for my kids to take to school. The two younger ones are 15 and 18. :)
Michelle Zink lives in New York in an old converted barn on four acres. Her first book, Prophecy of the Sisters, was one of Booklist’s Top Ten Debut novels, and her work as been included in the Lonestar List, Chicago Public Library’s Best of the Best, and New York Public Library’s Stuff for the Teen Age. Michelle’s work has been published in over twenty countries. LIES I TOLD is her sixth book.
Complete the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win!