October 8, 2014
Three plantations. Two gifts. One ancient curse.
All her life, Barrie Watson has been a virtual prisoner in the house where she lives with her shut-in mother. When her mother dies, Barrie promises to put some mileage on her stiletto heels. But she finds a new kind of prison at her aunt’s South Carolina plantation instead–a prison guarded by an ancient spirit who long ago cursed one of the three founding families of Watson Island and gave the others magical gifts that became compulsions.
Stuck with the ghosts of a generations-old feud and hunted by forces she cannot see, Barrie must find a way to break free of the family legacy. With the help of sun-kissed Eight Beaufort, who somehow seems to know what Barrie wants before she knows herself, the last Watson heir starts to unravel her family’s twisted secrets. What she finds is dangerous: a love she never expected, a river that turns to fire at midnight, a gorgeous cousin who isn’t what she seems, and very real enemies who want both Eight and Barrie dead.
IndieBound | Barnes & Noble | Amazon |
Book Depository (free worldwide shipping)
Signed copies are available for pre-order from One More Page Books. You can also pre-order with the special “I have a Compulsion for reading” bookplate from Eight Cousins. Pre-Order Incentives Going on here.
Early Praise for Compulsion
“Darkly romantic and steeped in Southern Gothic charm, you’ll be compelled to get lost in the Heirs of Watson Island series.” — #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Not particularly. You have that effect on people.”
“I’ve heard that.” He nodded solemnly and came over. Placing his hands on the hood on either side of her, he leaned closer until her back arched. “I feel an irresistible urge to kiss you,” he said. “I wonder if this is how a crack addict feels.”
“Can you get doped up on someone else’s want?” She wiggled out from under him.
“You think I want you only because you want me?”
“Are you sure that’s not the reason?”
“If that was how it worked, I’d be pining after Gilly or . . .” He glanced away, looking sheepish.
“Or any of the dozens of other girls who want you,” Barrie finished for him. “That’s what you were going to say? Very nice.” Her hands shook, and she folded her arms across her chest as if that would protect her heart from him.
What was she going to do? How had she ever, for even a second, thought it would be easy to have a fling? With Eight. A guy like Eight. She ought to strangle Mark for even suggesting it.
Martina Boone was born in Prague and spoke several languages before learning English. She fell in love with words and never stopped delighting in them.
She’s the founder of AdventuresInYAPublishing.com, a Writer’s Digest 101 Best Websites for Writers site, and YASeriesInsiders.com, a site devoted to encouraging literacy and all things YA Series.
From her home in Virginia, where she lives with her husband, children, and Auggie the wonder dog, she enjoys writing contemporary fantasy set in the kinds of magical places she’d love to visit. When she isn’t writing, she’s addicted to travel, horses, skiing, chocolate flavored tea, and anything with Nutella on it.
- Oct. 6th – Reading Teen – Tour Intro + Giveaway
- Oct. 7th – Fiktshun – Kimberly Derting & Kami Garcia Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 8th – Chapter by Chapter – Excerpt + Giveaway
- Oct. 9th – The Irish Banana – Q&A with Martina Boone + Giveaway
- Oct. 10th – Katie’s Book Blog – Paula Stokes Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 13th – Curling Up With A Good Book – Jodi Meadows Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 14th – Fangirlish – Amy Ewing Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 15th – Reading Lark – Excerpt + Giveaway
- Oct. 16th – Good Books & Good Wine – Megan Shepherd Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 17th – Jenuine Cupcakes – Beth Revis Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 20th – Mundie Moms – Martina Boone Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 21st – TBA – Guest Post w/Martina Boone & Sara + Giveaway
- Oct. 22nd – Supernatural Snark – Jessica Spotswood Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 23rd – Girls in the Stacks – Excerpt + Giveaway
- Oct. 24th – Novel Novice – Leah Cypess Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 27th – Once Upon a Twilight – Kat Zhang Guest Post + Giveaway
- Oct. 28th – Martina Boone – Tour Wrap-up
Visit the tour page at Mundie Moms Blog Tours for more details HERE.