April 6, 2015
Hello everyone and welcome to the first stop on the
Denton Little’s Deathdate by Lance Rubin
Be sure to enter the giveaway found at the end of the post!
You can follow the rest of the tour HERE!
Fans of John Green and Matthew Quick: Get ready to die laughing.
Denton Little’s Deathdate takes place in a world exactly like our own except that everyone knows the day they will die. For 17-year-old Denton Little, that’s tomorrow, the day of his senior prom.
Despite his early deathdate, Denton has always wanted to live a normal life, but his final days are filled with dramatic firsts. First hangover. First sex. First love triangle (as the first sex seems to have happened not with his adoring girlfriend, but with his best friend’s hostile sister. Though he’s not totally sure. See: first hangover.) His anxiety builds when he discovers a strange purple rash making its way up his body. Is this what will kill him? And then a strange man shows up at his funeral, claiming to have known Denton’s long-deceased mother, and warning him to beware of suspicious government characters…. Suddenly Denton’s life is filled with mysterious questions and precious little time to find the answers.
Debut author Lance Rubin takes us on a fast, furious, and outrageously funny ride through the last hours of a teenager’s life as he searches for love, meaning, answers, and (just maybe) a way to live on.
10 Totally Random Things About Me (Lance Rubin):
- In second grade, I cried when my Police Academy lunchbox wouldn’t fit properly on the shelf.
- The only sport I go out of my way to watch or play is basketball.
- The first movie-hop I ever did was with my friends Zack and Andy, hopping from The Empire Strikes Back into Return of the Jedi (the 1997 re-releases; I’m not that old) without buying a new ticket. I was so paranoid we were gonna get caught. We were not.
- In high school, I was a waiter at Friendly’s.
- After college, my survival job for eight years was playing rock-and-roll music for babies.
- The most jealous I’ve ever been of another human being was in 1991, when Macaulay Culkin hosted Saturday Night Live.
- I was scared to ride roller coasters with loops until the summer before my senior year of high school, when I rode one called Iron Wolf.
- I am the audiobook voice of the Berenstain Bears.
- I’ve seen every episode of Dawson’s Creek. And Felicity. And The O.C.
- In the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind music video for the Polyphonic Spree’s “Light and Day,” I was Jim Carrey’s mouth. (This sounds fake. It’s not.)
Hey there, I’m Lance Rubin.
After years of being a GoodReads reader, I am delighted to now also be a GoodReads author. My first book, DENTON LITTLE’S DEATHDATE, comes out from Knopf in Spring 2015.
I’m from New Jersey. It’s a way better state than people give it credit for. I went to Brown University, and now I live in Brooklyn with my wife and son. They are delightful people.
Before I became an author, I was primarily an actor. “Anything I’d recognize you from?” you might ask. Probably not, unless you watched the short-lived NBC hospital show MERCY, in which I guest-starred as a patient with a naked sleepwalking problem.
By my late 20’s, the acting business was making me sad, so I started to focus more on writing.
Now I’m primarily a writer and it makes me incredibly happy.http://lancerubin.tumblr.com/
1 Winner will get a copy of DEONT LITTLE DEATHDATE (Open Intl)
1 Winner will get an ARC, with original cover art (Open US)
5 Winners will get a bookmark + sticker set (Open INTL)
3 Winners will get a hand drawn cartoon, created by author Lance Rubin (Open INTL)
Must be 13 + To Enter. Open to US only.